Sections

Weather Forecast

Close

Alexandria firefighters respond to gas leak

The Alexandria Fire Department was called to the Viking Lakes Village mobile home park when workers ruptured a gas line Tuesday morning. (Echo Press photo by Al Edenloff)

Alexandria firefighters responded to a gas leak at the Village Lakes Village mobile home park at 3305 South Broadway, east of the Viking Plaza Mall, this morning.

While digging in the area, workers ruptured a gas line that was about eight feet underground.

Firefighters quickly secured the area and stopped the leak. CenterPoint Energy was also called to the scene.

Al Edenloff
Al Edenloff is the news and opinion page editor for the Echo Press. He was born in Alexandria and lived most of his childhood in Parkers Prairie. He graduated with honors from Moorhead State University with a degree in mass communications, print journalism. He interned at the Echo Press in the summer of 1983 and was hired a year later as a sports reporter. He also worked as a news reporter/photographer. Al is a four-time winner of the Minnesota Newspaper Association's Herman Roe Award, which honors excellence in editorial writing.  
(320) 763-1236
Advertisement