Ag scholarships available through Syngeta
As the school year comes to a close, there is one more deadline for ag students to keep in mind. June 14, 2013 marks the final day to apply for the 2013 Syngenta Sugarbeet Scholarship in which ag-focused students from sugarbeet growing regions will be eligible to receive one of five $1,500 scholarships toward college.
"Syngenta continues to invest in what matters to our customers, starting with the future leaders of the sugarbeet industry," said Tyler Ring, Syngenta product head for sunflower, sugarbeet and wheat genetics. "We wish all scholarship applicants the best of luck and look forward to their contributions to the future of sugarbeets."
Students interested in applying for the scholarship must meet the following criteria:
1) Be current high school seniors OR college freshmen, sophomores or juniors.
2) Be majoring (or intending to major) in an agriculture-related field.
3) Will be attending college during the 2013-2014 school year.
4) Attend school or reside in one of the following sugarbeet growing regions: Region 1: Idaho, Wash., Ore.; Region 2: N.D.; Region 3: Minn.; Region 4: Wyo., Colo., Neb., Mont.; Region 5: Mich.
5) Be involved in 4-H, FFA and/or the sugarbeet industry.
For more information about the scholarships, visit www.SyngentaSugarbeetScholarship.com. Follow Syngenta on Twitter (@SyngentaUS) and Facebook (Facebook.com/FarmAssist).