3M catches fire
A small fire broke out at the 3M plant Tuesday afternoon, causing hundreds of employees to be temporarily evacuated.
The blaze flared up when a spark ignited either some lint or dust while workers were performing routine maintenance, said Plant Manager Dave Lambert.
No one was hurt, he said, and 3M maintenance crews quickly put out the fire with assistance from the Alexandria Fire Department.
Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=40&event=subscriber/lookup.
You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you.