1759204 Summons - QUT
Publish August 7, 14, 21, 2013
STATE OF MINNESOTA
COUNTY OF DOUGLAS
IN DISTRICT COURT
SEVENTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT
CASE TYPE: QUT
COURT FILE NO. 21-CV-13-1027
Brian A. Castagneri,
William F. Corum; Albert L. Bradbury and Nora Bradbury, husband and wife; Helen Dungan and Frank Dungan, wife and husband; Edward Pavitt and Margaret Pavitt, husband and wife; unknown heirs of Charles Warring; Mary F. Russell, a/k/a Mary Russell; Donald R. Pfeffer; Mary Ann Black; Percy L. Black; Darrell L. Black and Linda F. Wetterling, as Trustees of the Percy L. Black and Mary Ann Black Irrevocable Trust created by a Trust Agreement dated July 17, 2000; City of Carlos; and all of the unknown heirs of any of the above-named defendants that may be deceased; and all other persons unknown claiming any right, title, estate, interest in or lien upon the real estate described in the Complaint herein,
THIS SUMMONS IS DIRECTED TO DEFENDANTS.
1. YOU ARE BEING SUED. The Plaintiff has started a lawsuit against you. The Plaintiff's Complaint against you is on file in the office of the Court Administrator of the above-named Court. Do not throw these papers away. They are official papers that affect your rights. You must respond to this lawsuit even though it may not yet be filed with the Court and there may be no court file number on this Summons.
2. YOU MUST REPLY WITHIN 20 DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. You must give or mail to the person who signed this Summons a written response called an Answer within 20 days of the date on which you received this Summons. You must send a copy of your Answer to the person who signed this Summons located at:
710 Broadway, P.O. Box 787, Alexandria, MN 56308.
3. YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. The Answer is your written response to the Plaintiff's Complaint. In your Answer you must state whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the Complaint. If you believe the Plaintiff should not be given everything asked for in the Complaint, you must say so in your Answer.
4. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT SEND A WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE COMPLAINT TO THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THIS SUMMONS. If you do not Answer within 20 days, you will lose this case. You will not get to tell your side of the story, and the Court may decide against you and award the Plaintiff everything asked for in the Complaint. If you do not want to contest the claims stated in the Complaint, you do not need to respond. A default judgment can then be entered against you for the relief requested in the Complaint.
5. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, The Court Administrator may have information about places where you can get legal assistance. Even if you cannot get legal help, you must still provide a written Answer to protect your rights or you may lose the case.
6. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties may agree to or be ordered to participate in an alternative dispute resolution process under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice. You must still send your written response to the Complaint even if you expect to use alternative means of resolving this dispute.
7. THIS LAWSUIT MAY AFFECT OR BRING INTO QUESTION TITLE TO REAL PROPERTY located in Douglas County, State of Minnesota, legally described as follows:
That part of the Northwest Quarter of the Northwest Quarter of Section 24, Township 129 North, Range 37 West, Douglas County, Minnesota, described as follows:
Commencing at the northwest corner of said Section 24;
thence SOUTH, assumed basis of bearing, along the west line of said Northwest Quarter of the Northwest Quarter, 908.50 feet to the point of beginning of the land to be described;
thence continuing SOUTH, along said west, line, 100.00 feet;
thence North 89 degrees 12 minutes 09 seconds East 198.00 feet;
thence NORTH 100.00 feet to a line bearing North 89 degrees 12 minutes 09 seconds East from said point of beginning;
thence South 89 degrees 12 minutes 09 seconds West, along said line, 198.00 feet to the point of beginning, containing 0.45 acre more or less.
The object of this action is to obtain judgment declaring that the Plaintiff is the owner of the land described above; and that the defendants, and each of them, have no interest or estate in said land, nor lien thereon.
Notice is further given that no personal claim is made by Plaintiff against any of the defendants.
Dated this 2nd day of August, 2013.
JACOBSON SCHULTZ, P.A.
By /s/ Gary I. Syverson
Attorneys for Plaintiff
710 Broadway, P.O. Box 787
Alexandria, MN 56308
Atty. Registration #108133