Publish Jan. 10, 17, 24, 2018
STATE OF MINNESOTA
COUNTY OF DOUGLAS
IN DISTRICT COURT
SEVENTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT
CASE TYPE: QUT
COURT FILE NO. 21-CV-17-2183
John K. Jackson and Sandra K. Jackson,
Peter Stiern; Joshua M. Doudna, a/k/a J.M. Doudna; Theresa T. Hicks; Sebastian Marty; Rebecca Aiton, a/k/a Rebecca B. Aiton; Fannie Behrens; Myrtle Fladhus, a/k/a Myrtle Fladuse, a/k/a Myrtle Flodhuse, a/k/a Myrtle Fladhuse; Sebastian Marty, Jr.; Franklin Marty; Hans Erickson; City of Alexandria; Eugene K. Karnis; Charlie J. Johnson; William B. Luckemeyer; Robert P. Lohrenz; Alexandria Veterinary Clinic Building Partnership; Alexandria Veterinary Clinic, LLC; Karnis, Lohrenz & Luckemeyer Building Partnership; Lloyd S. Peterson and Jennie F. Peterson, husband and wife; Charles D. Johnson, a/k/a Charles Johnson, and Doris Johnson, husband and wife; Arthur J. Larson; Steven W. Ekdahl; George J. Henry, a/k/a George Henry, and Beata Henry, a/k/a Beata E. Henry, husband and wife; Ronald N. Johnson, a/k/a Ronald Nels
Johnson, Sr., a/k/a Ronald N. Johnson, Sr., and Esther R. Johnson, a/k/a Esther Johnson, husband and wife; Zacher Investments LLC; Neighborhood National Bank; Glenwood State Bank; and all of the unknown heirs of
any of the above-named defendants that may be deceased; and all other persons unknown claiming any right, title, estate, interest in or lien upon the real estate described in the Complaint herein,
THIS SUMMONS IS DIRECTED TO DEFENDANTS.
1. YOU ARE BEING SUED. The Plaintiffs have started a lawsuit against you. The Plaintiffs Complaint against you is on file in the office of the Court Administrator of the abovenamed Court. Do not throw these papers away. They are official papers that affect your rights. You must respond to this lawsuit even though it may not yet be filed with the Court and there may be no court file number on this Summons.
2. YOU MUST REPLY WITHIN 20 DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS.
You must give or mail to the person who signed this Summons a written response called an Answer within 20 days of the date on which you received this Summons. You must send a copy of your Answer to the person who signed this Summons located at:
710 Broadway, P.O. Box 787, Alexandria, MN 56308.
3. YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. The Answer is your written response to the Plaintiffs Complaint. In your Answer you must state whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the Complaint. If you believe the Plaintiffs should not be given everything asked for in the Complaint, you must say so in your Answer.
4. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT SEND A WRITTEN RESPONSE TO THE COMPLAINT TO THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THIS SUMMONS. If you do not Answer within 20 days, you will lose this case. You will not get to tell your side of the story, and the Court may decide against you and award the Plaintiffs everything asked for in the Complaint. If you do not want to contest the claims stated in the Complaint, you do not need to respond. A default judgment can then be entered against you for the relief requested in the Complaint.
5. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, The Court Administrator may have information about places where you can get legal assistance. Even if you cannot get legal help, you must still provide a written Answer to protect your rights or you may lose the case.
6. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties may agree to or be ordered to participate in an alternative dispute resolution process under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice. You must still send your written response to the Complaint even if you expect to use alternative means of resolving this dispute.
7. THIS LAWSUIT MAY AFFECT OR BRING INTO QUESTION TITLE TO REAL PROPERTY located in Douglas County, State of Minnesota, legally described as follows:
See Exhibit A attached hereto and made a part hereof.
The object of this action is to obtain judgment declaring that the Plaintiffs are the owners of the land described above; and that the defendants, and each of them, have no interest or estate in said land, nor lien thereof.
Notice is further given that no personal claim is made by Plaintiffs against any of the defendants.
Dated this 3rd day of January, 2018.
SWENSON LERVICK SYVERSON
TROSVIG JACOBSON SCHULTZ CASS, P.A.
By /s/ Michael J. Cass
Michael J. Cass
Attorneys for Plaintiffs
710 Broadway, P.O. Box 787
Alexandria, MN 56308
Atty. Registration #388245
That part of Lot B, AUDITORS SUBDIVISION OF A PORTION OF THE SE1/4 SE1/4 SECTION 13, T.128 N. R. 38 W., according to the recorded plat thereof, and that part of the Southeast Quarter of the Southeast Quarter, Section 13, Township 128 North, Range 38 West, Douglas County, Minnesota, and that part of Lot 5, AUDITORS SUBDIVISION OF PART OF GOVERNMENT LOTS 3 AND 4 IN SECTION 18 TOWNSHIP 128 NORTH RANGE 37 WEST OF THE 5TH P.M., according to the recorded plat thereof, described as follows:
Commencing at the southeast corner of said Section 13;
thence on an assumed bearing of North 00 degrees 58 minutes 04 seconds East along the east line of said Section 13 a distance of 1011.46 feet to the north line of Union Street and this to be the point of beginning of the land to be described;
thence South 89 degrees 55 minutes 39 seconds West along said north line 41.29 feet;
thence North 01 degrees 02 minutes 42 seconds East 126.16 feet;
thence North 89 degrees 34 minutes 30 seconds East 53.81 feet;
thence South 00 degrees 58 minutes 04 seconds West 126.49 feet to said north line;
thence South 89 degrees 55 minutes 39 seconds West along said north line 12.68 feet to the point of beginning. Containing 0.16 acres more or less.